Monday, February 9, 2015

Club Graphics- Close Encounters




Of all the animations I did for the Planet Earth Burningman camp, this was my favorite. I was cruising around the internet trying to find inspiration from the 80's when I came across this image from the film "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".



I loved how the form of the ship was described by the blue and orange lights while the actual construction was obscured. This inspired my animation of a camera flying through a massive, graphic representation of a space station while holographic, rotating earths blasted past the camera. 90% of this animation was created in maya. The space station was comically long and rendered entirely black with colored lights along the length.


Lens Flares


My first industry job was working for a medical visualization company. A team of us made dental animations for several years straight. If you go to a dental office and they show you a cg animated procedure, chances are good that my team made it. To mix things up, we started challenging each other to slip as many lens flares into our animations as possible. I forget who finally won, but it wasn't me. With 30 total lens flares, this animation is my tribute to that competition.


Mr. Abrams approves

No comments:

Post a Comment