Monday, January 19, 2015

Club Graphics- Retro Futurism



I did a series of club graphics for a burningman camp called Planet Earth. They build an entire nightclub in the desert and blast 80's music for one week out of every year, then disassemble the thing and take it home. It's very impressive.



The project was a great way to re-introduce myself to After Effects. I created a total of 9 rotating, 80's themed earths, and this was one of my favorites. I was (am) obsessed with retro-futurism, so I created an animation in that style. Retro-futurism is an art style based on what the 80's thought the future would be. It's all hyper-saturated colors, space, geometry, CRT monitors, sunglasses and Ferraris. It's often combined with its musical bedfellow, synthwave.

What the year 2000 will look like. By Peter Machiocha

We also stayed with the camp and had a blast!

Handing out jagerbombs to a group of strangers who didn't know they were about to do jagerbombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment