Friday, January 2, 2015

The North Wind?


When you're the first modeler on a film, you can guarantee that your initial work will be redesigned or scrapped all together. It can be painful, but the film is almost always better for it. These were the initial models I created for 3 of the North Wind characters from the film The Penguins of Madagasgar. I loved them. Shortly after I finished the models the film went into a re-write and re-design phase and I moved onto another film. A few months later there were new designs, much more in line with the Madagasgar style. Minyu Chang did a fantastic remodel and those versions ultimately made it into the film.



Man, they're so cool. It was a good call. I do feel a tiny pang of sadness that my versions will be lost forever though. They'll live on in my heart.

And my demoreel.




No comments:

Post a Comment