Monday, August 10, 2015

The Old Bear

Back in 2008 my boss asked me to come up with a short film. He said,"We've got an antique bear and an antique piano. Come up with a 60 second short using only them.". I came up with a concept then plunked down with the incredible animator Joe Gorski and we fleshed out and storyboarded the short. Right after that I got a new job and left for Australia. My only contributions were the initial concept, some storyboards and the bear model. The entire short was done in my absence by an incredible team. Years later I finally saw the short and was floored! They took my ideas and made them exponentially better. Here are a few of my original boards and the final short. Despite my minimal involvement, its the project that I love most out of everything I've worked on.






No comments:

Post a Comment